Holiday Shopping Guide from Destin, FL to 30-A, The Emerald Coast Way!
Whether you are Christmas or Chanukah shopping, there is no better place to be than Highway 98 in Destin, Florida and along the beachside towns of 30-A in South Walton. There are an abundance of unique and interesting shops and I will attempt to give you a sample of some of the fine shopping to be had in this area.
Let us begin our shopping in Destin, Florida.
- Today’s Boutique – 4433 Commons Dr. E, #E103, Destin – 850-837-5565 (In the Publix Shopping center across from Destin Commons). A boutique for the discerning shopper looking for unique and up to date fashions for “Today’s” ladies.
- SteinMart – 4433 Commons Dr. E. Destin – 850-269-0110 is a department store filled with designer items for a discounted price.
- Destin Commons – 4300 Legendary Dr, Destin – 850-337-8700 – (Located on Hwy 98) Please go to the Destin Commons website for a complete directory of stores to shop. There are to many to list here! This is a fun place to spend the entire day, dine as you shop and finish with a movie. And the Holiday decorations are lovely!
- Silver Sands Outlet Mall – is situated on Highway 98, known as Emerald Coast Parkway, 10562 Emerald Coast Parkway, Destin, FL 32550, Phone: 850-654-9771. Silver Sands Outlet Mall is recognized as the nation’s largest designer outlet mall. It is a wonderful place to find anything from kitchen boutique items to Coach handbags. There are places to stop and get a bite to eat while you shop the 100 stores! This way you will not shop and drop! It is a must go to for Holiday shopping.
- Grand Boulevard – 600 Grand Boulevard at Sandestin – 850-654-5929 – Another upscale distinguished shopping center offering a variety of shops and dining locations. Check out their site for all the great shops.
- Village at Baytowne Wharf, Sandestin Resorts and The Market Shops at Sandestin are filled with shops and eateries for a day of shopping. It would be best for you go to the websites to see what is offered.
As you travel on down 98, heading east of Destin, you will see a sign for Scenic Highway 30-A, on the right (about 3 1/2 miles past Grand Boulevard). This road leads to many more stores to do your holiday shopping and restaurants to nourish you along the way!
Begin your travel on Highway30-A, heading east and you will come across the Town Center of Gulf Place, in Santa Rosa Beach.
- Gulf Place – Corner of Scenic Highway 30-A and CR 393, 800-336-4853, is a group of shops and dining places you simply must experience. Nestled in bright pastel shops are places to find treasures even the most di
scerning will be pleased with.
Meandering further down Highway 30-A, Grayton Beach is your next stop for shopping. Here are some of the best places to spend your time and money and be glad you did!
- The Zoo Gallery – 89 Hotz Avenue, Santa Rosa Beach, 850-231-0777, From hand crafted pottery , unique jewelry to recycled metal, this gallery has an eclectic mix where you can find a gift for almost anyone. 30-A
- Mystic Porte, County Road 283, – Just north of 30A , is a small group of shops and dining places that are a find in itself.
- Shops of Grayton, 26 Logan Lane, Eight colorful and unique shops inhabit this area. Great Gifts, art and apparel and you must see the “dog wall” which is paintings of local pets.
- Uptown Grayton, on Scenic Route 30-A, Just east of County Road 283, Upscale, interesting shops and restaurants will please your senses.
Traveling further east, from Grayton Beach, you will stumble upon WaterColor, a town of sophistication and casual living all rolled into one. Here are just a few of the WaterColor shops.
- Little Red – 88 WaterColor Way #111, 850-231-5520, a children’s toy and clothing store. One stop shop!!
- Barefoot Princess/Island clothier – 4 Watercolor Blvd., 850-534-0825, featuring resort clothing
- Boca Boutique & Galery – 174 WaterColor Way, WaterColor Crossings, 850-534-0002, Women’s wear
And then there is Seaside, Florida. A community made for the lover of unique and wonder. Seaside has shops that will fit the bill for most of those on your list. Don’t forget to grab a bite to eat at one of the many eateries. You must keep your strength up while shopping! Check out their website, Seaside Florida for all the great shops.
Continue traveling east on Highway 30-A and we approach another town of interest for shopping, Rosemary Beach Fl. Here are a few of the many shops you may want to explore. Check out Rosemary Beach Shopping for more lovely stores.
- Gigi’s, 62 Main Street, 850-231-0110, A lovely children’s clothier.
- Rosemary Beach Trading Company – 34 North Barrett Square, 850-231-2410, offers a fun eclectic mix of designer décor items & gifts to bring home to loved ones. A great place for fun gifts to fill those stockings.
- Pish Posh Pitouli’s – 82 South Barrett Square Suite 1-C, 850-231-2005, fragrances, bath and body, beach essentials and other sundry gifts are available in this lovely shop.