Homeowners Insurance Tips For Your 30A Luxury Homes
Owning 30A luxury homes on the beach could be amazing, but at the same time, there are certain risks or natural hazards that a homeowner should prepare for to ensure their safety and maintenance of their property.
Obtaining homeowners insurance coverage is a smart decision, especially for those living on or near the waterfront. And if you are getting a mortgage, the lender will require it.
Here are 4 tips to remember about getting homeowners insurance coverage for your 30A luxury home:
1. Your home along 30A is considered to be in an area called a “barrier island” by insurance carriers. Owners ofhomes along 30A should consider purchasing flood insurance, whether it is required by the lender or not.
2. Insurance experts have such a thing as a proper “hurricane insurance equation” which is:
Homeowners + Flood + Wind = Hurricane insurance
3. Know the primary flood zone classifications along 30A:
- AE Zone: This is found in lower lying areas found near creeks and lakes. Lenders require insurance for homes along the AE zone
- VE Zone: This covers beachfront homes or homes within close proximity to the beachfront. Lenders require flood insurance for homes in the VE zone.
- X Zone: This area has only a 0.2% chance, or low to moderate risk of flooding. Insurance coverage is not required in the X zone, but it is still strongly recommended that homeowners purchase insurance coverage anyway.
4. Regardless of your flood zone, your homeowners insurance coverage is not truly comprehensive without flood insurance.
Having a homeowner’s insurance is an essential part of buying a home along 30A. If you have questions about purchasing insurance coverage for your home, contact an insurance carrier or ask your agent with years of experience in buying or selling 30A luxury homes for sale. You can also visit my website at www.30ALuxuryHomes.com
Call me, Debbie James at 850-450-2000. Let me provide you with all the information and tools you need to make your dream 30A luxury home a reality.