30A to Destin FL Real Estate sales are up and inventory is down!
Year to date sales are up about 10% and inventory is down almost 7%. The 30A to Destin FL real estate market is changing.
Think you want to buy a foreclosure? Be prepared to put an offer in the day it comes on the market! And at or above list price. Recently a Rosemary Beach home, which needed about $300,000 worth of work inside and outside, received 24 offers! OK, so that may not be the “norm” but expect 6+ offers within the first day or two!
If you are still looking for that “steal of a deal”, good luck. The good news…If you want to purchase real estate from 30A to Destin FL, it’s not too late! Still a buyer’s market, and values are still down 50-70% from the peak. We have all indications this is truly the bottom of the market. Don’t wait and don’t think too long…the beach property you have been watching will be gone!
In the past 6 months, here are some 30A real estate stats:
- The Preserve @ Grayton Beach: 3 Single-family homes and 11 vacant lots
- Watercolor: 54 Single-family homes and 57 vacant lots
- Watersound: 24 Single-family homes, 37 vacant lots
- Alys Beach: 2 Single-family homes, 8 vacant lots
- Seacrest Beach: 15 Single-family homes, 16 vacant lots
- Rosemary Beach: 21 Single-family homes, 3 vacant lots
All along 30A: A total of 321 lots have sold in the past 6 months, compared to 222 in 2011 (same time frame) vs. 141 in 2010!
Also, along 30A a total of 302 single-family homes have sold (in the past 6 months), vs. 255 in 2011 vs. 208 in 2010.
Stay tuned for updates and for 2nd quarter statistics. Click HERE for year to date statistics for 2012 vs. 2011.